lördag 7 juli 2012

Alison Bechdel sa

I en intervju med anledning av hennes nya bok "Are You My Mother?" sa den fantastiska serieskaparen Alison Bechdel så många bra saker, att jag måste citera henne vidare:

"I do feel that I’ve silenced my internal critic to a large degree. It’s still there but I’m allowing myself to talk over it more and more, for better or for worse. A lot of the time I feel like I’m just spewing bullshit, but at least I’m speaking out loud."

"...people are obsessed with their families. Even in functional families, which I’m getting very interested in. Some families really work—I want to learn about how that happens and what it looks like. But most people are oppressed in some way or other by their family’s expectations, by their parents’ psychological issues, by any number of things. And it holds us back, it limits who we can be in the world. We’re so consumed with our personal problems that we’re not doing more important things. I mean, who am I to talk? All I do is sit in my basement making notes about my therapy sessions. But I want us all to be autonomous and think for ourselves and do the things we’re good at, and I think that’s much more the exception than the rule for people. "

Hela intervjun kan läsas här:

http://www.theparisreview.org/blog/2012/05/09/alison-bechdel-on-%E2%80%98are-you-my-mother%E2%80%99/

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar